Finding My Voice

Exactly what it says. The girl who has proclaimed "I can't write!" on a weekly basis is ... well ... writing.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

more random thoughts

** There's a Rite Aid that looks like it's seen better days (it probably looked that way pre-Katrina but really looks sad and creepy now) ... but what I love about it is the big pharmacy sign on the back wall in K&B purple. (That only makes sense to New Orleanians.) That makes me smile.

** Stopped at a convenience store at a gas station and all these years later, still can't help but remember The Flood (the last big event pre-Katrina) and how Sheila and I sloshed over to it in water up to our thighs with a deep need for the bathroom. And snacks. After all, we hadn't planned to spend the night on the street. And how Harry Lee gave us a ride back to the car.

** I always make fun of the Encore movie channels (going back to when their slogan was "a good movie every night," which tickled me. Yup, one. Just one. The rest are crap. But when I'm here at my dad's, I'm glued to their channels and I don't know why.

** I love my husband.

** I eat like crap when I'm here because the food is so good. And because I can only get the good stuff here, so I feel compelled to enjoy it while I can. And because even when you TRY to eat healthy food here, if you don't know where to look for it (and I don't), it can end up being a bit of a joke. I was looking at a grocery-store salad bar ... more mayonnaise and/or oil-based salads (potato! pasta!) than actual plain veggies.

** I'm two for two now on something going wrong in my father's apartment while I'm staying here. Last time it was the plumbing (I took a shower upstairs and it rained downstairs). This time, the garbage disposal.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Patty Jean said…

    I like your random thoughts.

    You need a massage! (I know where you can get one when you come back).

    Love to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home