Finding My Voice

Exactly what it says. The girl who has proclaimed "I can't write!" on a weekly basis is ... well ... writing.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

random thoughts

From an exhausted person.

** If you have to fly when you have a cold (or allergies or sinus infection, etc.) do yourself a favor and get Ear Planes. When we were landing, my ears kept popping and popping and I thought "I don't think these things are actually working," but then we landed, I took them out, and all was clear. No pain, clear as can be. (Had a *little* bit of pain that also disappeared upon landing.) Remembering the last time I flew when sick, and was in tears from the pain ... I think this definitely does something positive.

** There is nothing comfortable about air travel.

** I can describe weather patterns in New Orleans in great detail. I lived here most of my life, I know the drill. Yet, somehow, *experiencing* it again ... I find myself actually SURPRISED by it. That makes no sense.

** There is nothing comfortable about hospital waiting rooms. Maybe the idea is to drive home the point that it could be worse, you could be a patient.

** I still really don't like hospitals.

** Every muscle in my body is tense.

** I am grateful for my father's neighbor who doesn't lock his wireless signal.

** I find my father's apartment extremely uncomfortable, and wonder how it is that a man who raised me in a home with a television in every single room, creating a lifelong dependence on white noise, now has no source of white noise upstairs. At all.

** Good ICU nurses are worth their weight in gold. Or more.

** I understand that doctors don't have crystal balls but I really wish they did. And I really wish someone could give me a road map for what I'm supposed to be doing, here.

** I know that things are still funky post-Katrina but ... should a coffee shop be closed on Sunday? Really??? :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home