Finding My Voice

Exactly what it says. The girl who has proclaimed "I can't write!" on a weekly basis is ... well ... writing.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Blog More

Yeah.

That's what my friend Amy * said to me the other day.

And of course, she's right. What's the point of setting up a writing exercise if I don't actually, you know, write?

I think I've been suffering from "short attention span". There's a lot going on in my life, certainly; and a lot of things cross my mind where I think "hey, I really should blog about this." But there's something about taking the time to focus on it that seems to be lacking.

Time has always been my enemy. I don't manage it a well as I could to start, and when I make my priorities, I always put myself last.

So anyway. Just a few little tidbits for today and I promise to keep my focus up in the future.

** HAZARD COUNTY closed. We probably could have run it forever, except for the fact that we weren't getting audiences. That just was so frustrating, demoralizing, etc. that it took the joy out of performing. Closing weekend, we had a full house on Saturday, which made it all worthwhile.


** I have lost 12-1/2 pounds since the wedding. See photo. Why is it so cropped? Oh yeah, in many of the wedding photos, I look huge. Bigger than I *actually* was. Note to anyone thinking that an empire waist might hide weight gain. It does in person, but it makes it worse in photographs! Anyway. Yay me!!! I still have more to go, and goodness knows I'm taking a VEEERRRRYYYY long time to lose it, but my theory is that with my approach, I will be more likely to keep it off. Woo hoo! I got into a pair of jeans that was on my "this will never fit over my ass" shelf. There are still more jeans on that shelf, but I'm really happy with as far as I've gotten.


** We're going to Philadelphia next week, where I may gain a few pounds back. Thinking about the fat content of just one cheese steak ..... But it will be a good trip. It's my MIL's 75th birthday. And I've never been to Philly except in the dead of winter, so it'll be nice to see the city a bit without frostbite.


** The trip has prompted serious issues about Waldo. Waldo is our slightly crazy dog, although I think I'm concerned less about HIS separation anxiety than mine, LOL. When we first said "hey let's ge a dog", we thought we were so clever. Our friend Tom has dog, and we expected that when we went out of town we could drop our dog off with him, and vice versa.
However, we got ourselves a dog who cannot stand other dogs. So that rules that little plan right out. And as time goes on, he's decided he's not too crazy about other people, either. But that's only his initial response, and he will warm up to them. So here's hoping he and Patty get along famously. Or at least, tolerate one another. :)

So those are the big things going on right now. There are a few others, which I'll save for a blog later in the week, plus some updates on New Orleans. I will spare you the details of my flu - just trust me when I say ... try to avoid getting it.

* a special shout-out to Amy who sat me down and showed me how to get multiple pictures in different places in my blog!!! :)

5 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    Yay!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Amy The Writer said…

    Yay! I got a shout out! Yaaaaaay!

    And yay that you're blogging more!

    And triple yay that my instructions on the picture posting actually worked! I don't often know what I'm doing, ha ha ha.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Lipp said…

    Yeah, keep it up!

    Your wedding pic is great & matches the Blog - you should make it your profile pic!

    And I still love your hound, he (she?) remindes me of my old beagle/terrier.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger ~d said…

    Oh my beautiful Tracy !
    Have FUN in Phillie ! Congrats on the weight loss...was it an unconscious "I am busy" thing-or did you actually pick and choose what you eat and (sic!) exercise?

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Bon & Aleta: I'm tryin'!

    Amy: Got your tag. Will do it. Even though you thought I wouldn't. ;) Maybe this weekend.

    Lipp: Thank you! Waldo. He's a he. He's crazy.

    ~D: Nope, weight loss entirely intentional and hard-earned. And as one of the few people who's known me so long that you once had to tell me "you're so skinny you're looking unhealthy" ... I promise I'm just trying to get back to a normal, healthy (actress) weight.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home