Finding My Voice

Exactly what it says. The girl who has proclaimed "I can't write!" on a weekly basis is ... well ... writing.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Missing Post

Thanks to the fabulous and wonderful Bon, my missing post has been uncovered. It went like this:

Friday, February 03, 2006
New Orleans, pt. 1million
When I heard on the news yesterday that three tornadoes had blown through New Orleans, I thought it was a joke. I mean, come on. This isn't the midwest! These things don't happen in that part of the world. Right? And considering that the city is far from recovered from Katrina ... I can only imagine what that must feel like.

All I can think of is that song by Depeche Mode: "I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours/But I think that God's got a sick sense of humour ..."

At some point I just started laughing at the absurdity of it. Because, frankly, I'm just tired of crying.

posted by Tracy @ 10:47 PM


Thanks, Bon!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:49 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    I saw a man interviewed on CNN the day after the tornadoes. He'd just finished putting a new roof on his house two days before to replace the one lost during Katrina. Yes, the tornadoes took his roof again.

    I'd have felt just a little cursed, but he was laughing about the absolute absurdity of the situation.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    You're welcome! I'm just so glad I could help!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home