Finding My Voice

Exactly what it says. The girl who has proclaimed "I can't write!" on a weekly basis is ... well ... writing.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Universe, Pt 2

Reposted from MySpace 1/16.

I started writing this up yesterday, but it rambled and I ended up deleting the whole thing. I realized that defeated my entire purpose of blogging and decided to repost.

Oh, and there will be a fancier blog on blogspot ... soon. It's not quite ready for prime time. But I digress.

The Universe. It does provide clues. Not only does it respond when you ask for things, but sometimes it's out there guiding us towards what we really need. Only we're too stupid to listen.

For example, I was dead set on moving to New York. Nothing could deter me from this plan. Even when one of my only two friends in NY moved to LA. Even when I discovered a really cool group of people in LA. Even when I started dating someone in LA. (Seriously.) Even when I realized I actually really rather liked LA. And that most of my college friends were in LA. And oh yeah, if I'd only move to LA instead of NY, I'd have a roommate.

OK, so I admit I let the whole "hmmmm, maybe I should move to LA?" thought permeate my consciousness ... but I just kept swatting it away like a fly. Ignoring all of the things I just listed in the paragraph above. Granted, I love NYC, but at this point I think I was still headed there simply because I couldn't bear the thought of altering my plan.

And then I opened up the newspaper, and my horoscope said something really specific about how one should listen to the universe when it provides clues ... and I just said "enough already!" and called everyone I needed to call about changing gears.

Considering that I was planning to live a poverty-stricken, somewhat nomadic actor's life, and instead I'm married and own property and have a cool job and a crazy dog ... I'm really really really glad I listened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home