Finding My Voice

Exactly what it says. The girl who has proclaimed "I can't write!" on a weekly basis is ... well ... writing.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Weight loss ads and other things

I'm sitting in the waiting room at Jenny Craig, looking at the ad with the slimmer Valerie Bertinelli proclaiming that she lost 18 pounds in 7 weeks! With an asterisk that says "results not typical".

No kidding.

I'm following the diet to the letter, I exercise like a madwoman, and so far I'm at 4-1/2 pounds in eight weeks (including a half-inch off my waist, a quarter-inch off my hips, and untold weight off my belly causing my jeans to nearly fall off).

Which is not to say that I'm complaining. And as has been pointed out to me, if I'd started this diet when I was needing to lose 20 pounds, the first 5-10 might have fallen off at a more rapid pace. But I didn't start until I was at my wit's end with this last 10 (which, by the time I started, had made its way back up to 13-1/2). And I have, truly, changed my relationship with food. So it's all good.

I think, more than anything, I'd be happier if I didn't have to go buy new jeans for this middle weight, but since it's going to be a longer journey than I'd anticipated ... I guess I'd better. Grumble, grumble.

Meanwhile, in other news, after living here for two and a half years, we're finally starting to do what I've wanted to do from the beginning - add some color to our all-white-all-the-time walls! We're starting small - the guest bathroom. It's small, no furniture has to be moved, and it's the only non-carpeted room that doesn't actually need the flooring replaced (rant for another time). We're doing Florida Mango for the walls and Carmelized Orange for the trim.


It's the little things. I'll post the before and after pictures when we're done.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:13 AM, Blogger Chairman_B. said…

    It may be the smallest room in the house but it's the biggest pain in the ass to paint. Do yourself a favor and take the toilet out while you're painting. You can look up the procedure on the internet. It's not that hard to do and it will make a big difference in being able to maneuver. You'll have to buy a new wax ring to re-install it but those only cost about $5-$6.

    Also, take the time to mask off everything you don't want to get paint on.

    I like the colors. Good luck!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Amy The Writer said…

    There's more than one bathroom in your place?!?! Man, am I dumb.

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger kathi said…

    I love the colors and am addicted to HGTV and Discovery channel. Instead of doing I dream of what colors I would paint...

    And how I want to replace all the carpet with hardwood floors.

    I did clean out my garage and label and put everything into tidy large crates. That was a week's work.

    Color is awesome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home