Finding My Voice

Exactly what it says. The girl who has proclaimed "I can't write!" on a weekly basis is ... well ... writing.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Why I'm blogging.

A little bit about why I'm starting this thing in the first place.

If you ask me, I'll tell you: I can't write. You want me to write a script or sketch? Hah! I can't write. Write a business letter? Please. I can't write. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I wanted to maybe write a piece for myself ... even a monologue. Nada. No focus. And I've been feeling - especially post-Katrina - that I have a lot to say. But I have no idea how.

Meanwhile, I've been itching to try my hand at this blog thing. I read my friends' blogs (and a few strangers) and I've really been fascinated by the process. But I kept thinking that if I started one, I wanted there to be a point. Like Amy or Tony or Susan. (Not that I don't love the really well-written and fun blogs, like Bon or Hal. To name but a few.)

So I tentatively tested the waters over on MySpace. And ... people started reacting. And commenting. And really getting what I was writing. Me, who lives in abject terror at the thought of anyone reading my writing. Which just made me want to write more.

Me. Want to write.

And that's where it all came together. This could be about the exercise of writing. Regularly. For public consumption. Not to have anyone say "this writing is good or bad or sucks", but just for people to react to the writing. Good, bad, indifferent. To laugh or to feel something. Just maybe.

So that's the title. Finding my voice.





2 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Hal said…

    Hi Tracy,

    I'd say you're off to a good start.

    Welcome to the blogosphere!

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home