Finding My Voice

Exactly what it says. The girl who has proclaimed "I can't write!" on a weekly basis is ... well ... writing.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Looking at 2007

Geez. It's the 23rd of January and I'm finally only now sitting down to reflect on what I want out of 2007.

Is that a good or bad sign?

We had a wonderful, quiet New Year's Eve, just the way we like it. Went out for a really (really!) nice dinner, compliments of Dick's brother. Watched movies. Watched the ball drop. Toasted the new year.


On our eternal quest for luck and prosperity in the new year, we had black-eyed peas and greens (OK, I made spinach - but that's green, right?) ... oh, and in the morning, doughnuts, which is a Dutch New Year's Day tradition for luck. Why not?

Prosperity. Money. While I would love to be enjoying a little luxury, for right now, for this year, I would be really happy with being debt-free and not have one single moment where I panic about the mortgage. I would also love to be able to go out to dinner with friends, and buy tickets to events ... Heck, that would be luxury, for us right now.

That's Dick's focus right now. Bringing more money in. And so far, may I say, so good. Go get 'em, honey. :)

Mine is to actually work on being an actor again. I know for many reading this that sounds odd; but I mean seriously working on it. That means new headshots and quest for an agent or manager and auditioning regularly and classes.

To that end, I joined a second theatre company. (I realize that sounds counter-productive, but keep reading.) With this company, there are no volunteer time requirements. With this company, there are classes, workshops, and showcases.


I'm doing my first showcase in just over a week! I'm working my ass off, and loving it. (It's a full play.)

So I guess as far as my focus goes ... that too is "so far so good".

I've got a good feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home